Why would anyone want to use an Elliptical machine at home?
Well, we know that exercise is very important if we want to have a vital and healthy life. When we don’t exercise regularly, especially as we get older, we are likely to lose muscle tone and gain weight. This is a recipe for disaster.
One of the issues that we have is just going to the gym. Many of us are uncomfortable exercising in front of others, and besides, the gym can be smelly, dirty and overrun with germs. Why go to the gym when you can buy fitness equipment and exercise in the comfort of your home? In the long run exercising at home is probably healthier and less expensive than joining a fancy gym.
With this in mind, let’s look at the reasons you might want to get elliptical equipment for your home gym.
• Do you know the benefits of working out using elliptical machines?
• Did you know the best workouts for losing weight can be done safely using an elliptical at home?
• Did you know you can get a total body workout using elliptical equipment in your home gym?
Let’s discuss the some of the benefits of using this valuable piece of equipment.
Elliptical machines, also known as cross trainers, are stationary workout tools that allow you to work out without pounding your joints. This allows you to workout with minimal risk of injury to your joints. If you already have bad knees, hips, ankles or a bad back you can still workout without further damage to your body.
There are three types of elliptical machines:
• The oldest equipment is designed with a rear drive.
• The next iteration uses a front-drive design.
• The most recent models use a center-drive design.
Each generation of equipment improves the design to give you the greatest potential benefit. The newest center drive design is now considered to be state of the art, and the best equipment to use to get the maximum benefit.
ADVANTAGES OF USING ELLIPTICAL MACHINES/TRAINERS IN YOUR HOME
Elliptical machines used at home give you many benefits. Some of the benefits include:
• Working out indoors and in the comfort of your home. You will never be affected by the weather. This is true if you work out in the elements or if you drive to the gym.
• Elliptical machines cause less impact on your joints.
• Elliptical machines work your arms, shoulders, chest, biceps and triceps. They work your thighs, claves, and glutes. You also get the benefit of aerobic exercise.
• You can vary the intensity of your workout by setting the resistance and incline of the equipment.
• Although elliptical machines have minimal impact on the joints, they are a weight bearing form of exercise, which works your muscles harder, and increases your chances of losing weight
• Some elliptical machines are designed to be very easy to move and save space.
Working out doesn’t only help maintain physical vitality. A healthy body increases our chances of having a healthy mind. Exercising in the peace and comfort of your home is a very good way to maintain your physical and mental health. Using an elliptical machine properly at home should be an integral part of your exercise regimen.