The unavoidable issue among people suffering from a baldness problem who are looking for an answer is which method to trust and invest in. There are positive and negative reviews about hair transplant surgery.
Some appear to have a higher level of complexity, while the ones with less severe case may get rejected as poor candidates.
It’s hard to figure out what’s the best choice, even with the current available technology. However, the decision usually comes down to one of the two options: FUE or FUT.
- What Is FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) Or Strip Surgery?
Strip surgery, also called as FUT (Follicular unit transplantation), or strip extraction, is a methodology in which the specialist extracts a segment of tissue from the donor area, which is usually in the mid-back area of the scalp. The cut is stitched and the area of the donor hair is then trimmed up, with microscopic precision and exactness, into follicular units (group of 1 to 4 hairs). Each unit is embedded independently into the bald beneficiary area.
- Advantages Of FUT
- It needs less time in surgery compared to other types of transplants.
- It can be a more financially savvy than other types of transplants.
- It might be easier to locate a qualified strip surgeon as it requires a lower level of skills than other types of transplants.
- What Is FUE?
Follicular Unit Extraction is a microsurgical transplant technique in which the surgeon uses a pen-like portable gadget to harvest the follicular units 1 by 1 from the donor zone. This implies the donor region can be any area of the scalp where hair is as available in abundance, like finer hair from the nape of the neck or behind the ears. The extracted hairs are then embedded 1 by 1 into the thinning up bald area.
- Advantages Of FUE
- It is a less invasive methodology than other types of transplants.
- Unlike other types of transplants, it doesn’t needs any bandages, staples, or stitches.
- The scarring is almost negligible because of the microscopic size of the incisions made.
- Outlining a natural looking hairline is possible using better quality hairs as they allow the specialist to construct a proper hairline.
- The FUE hair transplant has the power to go into body hair transplantation, the donor hair turns out to be for all intents and purposes and nobody is dismissed as a poor candidate.
The FUE method requires a more elevated amount of skills and more practice to be done effectively, consistently, and as a result the patient should visit only the top hair transplant surgeon. Also, FUE normally delivers permanent and satisfying results to the patients.