Every day, millions of Americans, are on, some sort of weight – loss program/ diet, and, only, a small percentage of these individuals, are successful, in their quest! Why is it, effective, for a few, but most, rarely, get their desired results? Does it depend, on the specific approach, one’s motivations/ reasons, based on attitude, or, some other factors, and/ or, combination of things? This article will attempt to examine 5 reasons, this may, matter, and/ or, make a difference. With that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, these, and how, they may, impact this process.
1. Reasons/ reasoning/ personal motivations: Often, the specific reasons, one is beginning, makes a significant difference, in the potential results! If, you want to take off, some pounds, etc, begin, by performing, a thorough, check – up, from the neck – up, and determine your reasoning, and personal motivations, for wanting to lose weight. Remember, you are an individual, so your motives, and reasons, must be, what’s meaningful, to you, rather than an attempt to please others. Like, many things, there is a big difference, between, proceeding, because, it’s important, and/ or, a personal priority, or merely, a wish!
2. Self – discipline/ Commitment: To be successful, in this quest, you must proceed, with a significant degree of self – discipline, so this, may propel – you, past the temptations, which might, derail, your efforts, etc! In addition, you must maintain this commitment, for a period of time, because, doing so, is, often, a longer – term process, etc!
3. Finding the right diet, for you!: There’s no such thing, as, one – size – fits – all, when it comes to choosing, the best diet, for you! Factors, to consider, are, whether, the specific foods, needed to consume, by any specific plan, are, those, you will be ready, willing, and/ or, able, to continue, over – time! For example, if you don’t eat, fowl, a diet, which emphasizes, that approach, won’t work for you! Similarly, eating fish, etc, might be something, some don’t wish to commit, to! Is one of the pre – packaged, frozen – type, meal, weight – loss, programs, something, you will do, or would you prefer, simply, a low – calorie, combined with exercise, approach? Perhaps, you might prefer, a low – carbohydrate, etc, approach?
4. If you lose, the weight, will you keep, it, off?: Many people, who have dieted, in the past, experienced, what is often, referred to, as the, yo – yo effect. This means, losing weight, putting the pounds, on again, and repeating this, over, and over, again. For this reason, many find a lifestyle – approach, better, because, it helps, avoid this process. One of these, is the, carbohydrate, approach, because, it is behavioral, in process!
5. Are you changing your lifestyle, or avoiding, thinking ahead?: Many believe, it takes a change, of lifestyle, to keep weight off, for a significant period of time!
If you wish to lose weight, what might, work, best, for you? Will you take the time, and think, it – through, so you might, have the best chance, for success?